How to write an essay that consists of five paragraphs on a novel like War of the Worlds?
The essay is the basic form normally used in writing a review on a novel. This type of essay is normally no more than 5 pages long. This type of essay on a novel allows the writer to give an honest critique of the novel, give personal opinion on the novel, and give a good argument whether or not the novel is a good read.
Here is the format for an essay (consisting of five paragraphs) on a novel:
- The Introduction: gives the title of the novel, the name of the author, the topic of the novel, listing of the main characters in the story, and brief biography of the author.
- The Body: the Body consists of three paragraphs and each paragraph represents a main point of the novel.
- The Conclusion: it gives a summary of the topic of the novel, summary of the main characters, and summary of the storyline for the novel.
Here are some pointers in writing an excellent essay (consisting of five paragraphs) on a novel:
- The essay should clearly express the main theme of the novel backed up with supporting evidence.
- The essay should give the writer’s personal critique on whether or not the novel is worth reading.
- The essay should give a good description of the main theme/topic, the main characters, and background information on the novel.
- The pattern that should be followed in the essay is logical.
- The Introduction of the essay should state the claim, the Body Paragraphs (three in total) should have supporting evidence for the claim, and the Conclusion of the essay should summarize the supporting evidence.
How to write each section of the essay (consisting of five paragraphs) on a novel:
- The Introduction of the Essay: it should grab the reader’s attention. It should include the title of the novel, name of author, the topic of the novel, list the main characters, and brief biography of the author.
- The Body of the Essay: should be three paragraphs. Each paragraph should state a main theme or main topic of the novel. The Body should have supportive evidence regarding the writer’s critique of the novel. Also, should provide supportive evidence as to whether or not the novel is a good read.
- The Conclusion of the Essay: shall give a summary of the main themes or main topics of the novel and will summarize the ending of the novel.